VP People & Culture
Are you our new company cheerleader? Do you get motivated by a fast-paced environment in which strategies needs to be developed and needs to be aligned to our growth? If so, you could be our new VP People & Culture!
As our VP of People & Culture you will join our Executive Team in Amsterdam (HQ Amsterdam City Center), acting as a strategic, creative and tactical business partner, providing counsel, developing roadmaps and executing on all people and culture related initiatives. You will drive all cultural initiatives, performance management, talent acquisition, engagement and retention, learning and career development and workforce planning. You will also provide strategic counsel to our Operations team including benefits, payroll and compensation, systems and operations support. You will work closely with our Regional Directors of People & Culture based in Amsterdam, Berlin & Barcelona and the corporate HR functions.
Additionally, you will support an emotionally intelligent, innovative and high-performance workplace where diverse perspectives are embraced, and first-principles thinking is encouraged.
The VP, People & Culture will report directly to the CEO and will be an integral member of the executive committee. As a member of the People & Culture organization you will contribute a high level of human resource generalist knowledge and expertise for multiple properties and outlets. You will be accountable for talent acquisition, succession/workforce planning, performance management and development for property and overhead employees, using technology efficiently, and coaching/developing others to help influence and execute business objectives in the most efficient manner. You generally work with considerable independence, developing processes to accomplish objectives in alignment with broader business objectives. Additionally, you utilize a People & Culture Business Plan aligned with property and brand strategies to deliver human resource services that enable business success.
How do we intent to accomplish this?
By getting in touch with you, to hire the best of the best in the industry.
- You are a visionary, outgoing and caring Vice President of People & Culture to lead our employee relations & engagement, performance management, policy and procedure development and HR compliance;
- You are able to contribute at both hands-on and strategic levels, you'll work to deploy best-in-class people practices and cultivate our culture as we grow;
- You develop strategies on finding and developing talent; creating exciting career paths; and fostering an environment of high-performance, innovation, and passion that will help the amazing members of our team flourish.
- Company Culture: Develop an employee-oriented company culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement and high performance. Create a fun and rewarding workplace for all employees, promote a positive environment and culture consistent with the core values and goals of the company. Implement programs, policies and practices designed to enhance employee engagement, reduce turnover and ensure legal compliance;
- Vision & Strategy: Work with our leadership team as well as the organization at large, to build upon and execute on the long-term vision for all People & Culture functions. Consistently improve our effectiveness and help us achieve our overall business goals; drive future organizational design and all change management initiatives to help maintain a high-performing, collaborative and innovative team;
- Leadership Effectiveness & Development: Partner with the CEO and leadership team to drive leadership development and effectiveness, ensure executive alignment and drive performance aligned with business strategy;
- Performance Management, Rewards & Recognition: Liaise with leaders at all levels to provide HR business partnership support. Execute company-wide performance management programs that helps us identify high and low performers and drives continuous, transparent feedback across all disciplines;
- General: Responsible for managing corporate HR budget. Provide input for annual budgets and business plans while maintaining up-to-date knowledge and understanding of regulations, hospitality industry trends, current practices, new developments and applicable laws regarding human resources.
- You are the company cheerleader; energetic, always positive and excited to move the company and most importantly, its people, forward;
- You think strategically while delivering on tactical and operational issues; This is very hands on role that requires building and developing capabilities in a high growth setting;
- You have the ability to work in a fast pace work environment balancing multiple projects and embracing change;
- You have excellent verbal and written communication, conflict-resolution, problem-solving skills;
- You have proven success in delivering high-impact people programs around performance management, team engagement and team retention;
- You have the proven ability to influence and drive change with management teams and across startup organizations, aligning people strategy with values and goals;
- You have experience in and/or exposure to working for companies having used progressive human resources management as a business differentiator;
- You have 10+ years of progressive and hands on Human Resources and People experience, with a minimum of 5+ years leading People/HR/Talent teams in hospitality companies;
- You have a bachelor’s degree and/or Masters in a relevant field.
About Sircle Collection
We are an independent group of creative hospitality brands founded in 2011 by award-winning industry expert Liran Wizman. In our 9 years, our Amsterdam-based company has grown to include three hotel brands across 13 locations, three restaurants, one design concept store and three landmark properties—all set in some of Europe’s most inspiring neighborhoods. Our brands include Sir Hotels, Max Brown Hotels, Park Centraal Hotels, X BANK, Seven North, The Rooftop at Sir Victor, Bar Claes, as well as the properties of the W Amsterdam, the Edition Milan and more. In everything we do, we are focused on creating singular and surprising experiences for our guests. Learn more on sirclecollection.com.
Our Company Values
- Creativity is our backbone: each member of our company is creative, and we use that to create tailor-made, one-of-a-kind experiences.
- We are ambitious: we are always looking for the new, next and different, and we believe in growing ourselves.
- We are surprising: we are fluid, we don’t settle and we embrace uncertainty.
- We provide heartfelt service: we believe in the importance of hospitality, and we respect and nurture the communities around us.
- Competitive compensation package
- Values that include caring for self and others and embracing diversity
- Hotel benefits (The Netherlands, Spain, Germany and Austria)
- Discount: Employee rate (50%) and Family & Friends rate (30%)
- Restaurant benefits - The Entourage Group (25%)
- Sale moments at XBANK (10%)
- Business Fitness Nederland (2.975 locations)
Fun (for free)
- Bootcamp every Monday @ Sir Adam
- Birthday & Christmas Gifts
- Paid moving day
Time to relax
- Yearly New Year’s Party
- Weekly Friday afternoon drinks
- Department events
- Staff Society Membership (small contribution)
Food (for brains)
- Training and development programs
SIRCLE COLLECTION is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fair hiring practices and to creating a welcoming environment for all team members. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, familial status or veteran status.
How to apply?
The recruitment agency Piets & van den Huevel will be facilitating this hire. To apply please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and they will be in touch.