Group Director Finance
Do you get motivated by a fast-paced environment in which financial strategies needs to be implemented and needs to be aligned to our growth? Are you strong in financial analytics and can you built and develop your team to the next level? If so, meet with us and become our new Group Finance Director!
The Group Director Finance is responsible for the global operational finance department and reporting to the VP Finance, in compliance with corporate standards and local regulations, of the operational hotels and restaurants of the region. You will work from our HQ of Sircle Collection in the center of Amsterdam. The finance department consists of 50 specialists and has also regional offices in Berlin and Barcelona. Sircle Collection needs to be ready for future growth and this key position will be an important role within the company.
How do we intent to accomplish this?
By getting in touch with you, to hire the best of the best in the industry.
- Management reporting, including commentary on results;
- Interpersonal skills to lead the global team and to liaise with the Regional Directors Finance;
- Focus on guiding operational teams and periodic reporting.
- Excellent communication skills in Dutch and English; both oral and written.
- Day to day managing of the finance team;
- Carries out regular performance reviews with direct reports to identify risks and development needs according to internal HR policy and procedures;
- Participate in business unit meetings and business unit budget sessions;
- Participate in pre-opening teams of new developments in the region.
- Financial Analysis and Reporting:
- Controlling the monthly reporting of the hotels and restaurants in the business units;
- Responsible for monitoring performance of the hotels and restaurants compared to budget and pro-actively communicate major deviations to the VP Finance;
- Preparation of the business unit budgets together with the Regional Directors Finance.
- Ensure professional and efficient utilization of all systems, in line with company best practices and standard operating procedures.
- Higher education (college or university level);
- IT systems customary to the hotel & restaurant industry;
- >8 years’ experience in a financial environment, preferably hotel industry, out of which 3 years in executive position;
- Knowledge of management systems for all accounting functions including purchase ledger, sales ledger, payroll, cash and banking, nominal ledger and stock.
About Sircle Collection
We are an independent group of creative hospitality brands founded in 2011 by award-winning industry expert Liran Wizman. In our 9 years, our Amsterdam-based company has grown to include three hotel brands across 13 locations, three restaurants, one design concept store and three landmark properties—all set in some of Europe’s most inspiring neighborhoods. Our brands include Sir Hotels, Max Brown Hotels, Park Centraal Hotels, X BANK, Seven North, The Rooftop at Sir Victor, Bar Claes, as well as the properties of the W Amsterdam, the Edition Milan and more. In everything we do, we are focused on creating singular and surprising experiences for our guests. Learn more on sirclecollection.com.
Our Company Values
- Creativity is our backbone: each member of our company is creative, and we use that to create tailor-made, one-of-a-kind experiences.
- We are ambitious: we are always looking for the new, next and different, and we believe in growing ourselves.
- We are surprising: we are fluid, we don’t settle, and we embrace uncertainty.
- We provide heartfelt service: we believe in the importance of hospitality, and we respect and nurture the communities around us.
Competitive compensation package
Values that include caring for self and others and embracing diversity
- Hotel benefits (The Netherlands, Spain, Germany and Austria)
- Discount: Employee rate (50%) and Family & Friends rate (30%)
- Restaurant benefits - The Entourage Group (25%)
- Sale moments at XBANK (10%)
- Business Fitness Nederland (2.975 locations)
Fun (for free)
- Bootcamp every Monday @ Sir Adam
- Birthday & Christmas Gifts
- Paid moving day
Time to relax
- Yearly New Year’s Party
- Weekly Friday afternoon drinks
- Department events
- Staff Society Membership (small contribution)
Food (for brains)
- Training and development programs
SIRCLE COLLECTION is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fair hiring practices and to creating a welcoming environment for all team members. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, familial status or veteran status.
How to apply?
Please send us your CV and motivation