Cook & Demmi Chef (All kitchen levels)
We are looking for a qualified:
To work at "The Roofop" at Hotel Sir Victor in Barcelona; you will play a key role in managing all aspects of the kitchen department of the restaurant. You will be expected to deliver experience and motivate all staff on to ensure and aim to deliver a great dining experience for our guests. As a cook you will be responsible for maintaining quality and increasing profitability. Your skills and a good understanding of high efficiency and concept experience are a must.
If you are able to work well in fast paced environments, we would like to meet you!
- Ensure all that all mise-en-place is always freshly prepared and on time.
- Ensure that all dishes are being prepared to the correct recipe and to the correct quantity.
- Ensure that any anticipated shortages are communicated promptly to the sous chef or head chef.
- To strive to study relevant subjects in preparation to future advancement.
- Set up workstations with all needed ingredients and cooking equipment.
- Prepare ingredients to use in cooking
- Cook food in various utensils or grillers. Check food while cooking to stir or turn.
- Ensure great presentation by dressing dishes before they are served
- Keep a sanitized and orderly environment in the kitchen
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly.
- Check quality of ingredients.
- Monitor stock and place orders when there are shortages
- Proven experience as cook / demmi chef.
- Experience in using cutting tools, cookware and bakeware.
- Knowledge of various cooking procedures and methods (grilling, baking, boiling etc.)
- Ability to work in a team.
- The ability to speak English is a plus.
- Startind date: April - May
- Gross salary: 19.000 - 22.000 (Depends on the position)
- Contract: "fijo discontinuo" from April/May to October
Attitudes and behaviors related to SIR: Passionate. Authentic. Connected. Creative